Workflow and education have been key barriers in increased adoption and meaningful utilization of health IT as an integrated component of health care. This workgroup will explore the attributes of an “ideal patient experience” within chronic condition management, with a focus on best practices from programs supporting patients across the continuum of care.
- What is the patient experience in care delivery and how is it supported?
- How do you transform from current workflow to new environment?
- Understanding the purpose of different points care and the data required at different points of interaction
- Jake Blanchard, Solutions Consultant, Healthwise
- Leslie Kelly Hall, Vice President, Health System Integration, LifeWIRE Corp
- Holly Miller, MD, Chief Medical Officer, MedAllies
This workgroup will develop a simple informational campaign for consumers and providers that assist in understanding the value and potential of using health IT to treat the patient as a whole and produce better health outcomes to include:
- Enabling relationships through technology
- Building relationships between stakeholders and navigation and coordination that solicits input from patients
- Incentives for providers and consumers
- Building education and awareness
- Tie patient engagement to the business cases that matter to all healthcare stakeholders—growth, retention, efficiency, and empathy—so that reimbursement is not the only consideration when strategic health information technology (HIT) decisions are made
- Advise and convene adjacent industries via eHealth Initiative to facilitate access to healthcare and inform HIT leadership
- Promote data sharing by addressing patient consent to data sharing, including the education of patients and providers about the exchange of data once a patient has given consent
|February 2018||Highlights from eHI's Executive Summit, the Roundtable on Workflows|
|April 2018||Begin to develop the 'Oscar' persona, the patient with a chronic condition on which to model best practices and address priorities|
|May 2018||Review of Consumer Relationship Management Tools with Mike Leussi, Vice President Healthcare and Life Sciences, Salesforce|
|June 2018||Best practices for Consumer Relationship Management Tools with Lori Kondas, MBA, Executive Director, Office of Patient Experience, Cleveland Clinic|
|July 2018||Behavioral Health IT Patient Engagement Tools with Dr. Adam Darkins, previously VA, Chief Consultant for TeleHealth Services, LifeWIRE Howard Rosen, CEO & Founder of LifeWIRE|
|August 2018||Transitions of Care Once Oscar Leaves the Hospital with Holly Miller, MD, Chief Medical Officer, MedAllies|
|September 2018||Patient Education and Impact on Workflow with Jake Blanchard, Practice Lead, Healthwise Professional Services, and Josh Schlaich, Marketing, Healthwise|
|October 2018||Lost in Translation: Ensuring Care Continues Between Clinic Visits with Theresa Clark, VP, Emerging Care Models, Solera Health Inc|
|November 2018||Demo of ONC's Patient Engagement Playbook by Lana Moriarty, Director, Office of Consumer eHealth, ONC