Director of Programs, Strategy & Development
The Foundation for eHealth Initiative (eHI), a Washington, D.C.-based independent, non-profit organization, seeks a Director of Programs, Strategy & Development with a strong knowledge of social determinants of health, transparency, patient engagement and other health technology issues. Experience working at a private foundation or managing grants is desired.
- Thought Leadership (50%)
- Develop executive roundtable sessions on a series of topics, including social determinants of health, transparency, artificial intelligence and other areas of innovation;
- Create content (briefs, reports, recommendations) from executive discussions highlighting recommendations, challenges, and key points;
- Conduct research on behalf of clients to develop new content related to key focus areas (informal surveys, executive interviews, case studies, etc);
- Research, identify and engage national experts in eHI executive roundtables, research, and programs; and
- Develop agendas and discussion themes for eHI’s Quarterly Leadership Council meetings.
- Development & Communications (50%)
- Develop and submit grant proposals to private foundations and organizations to fund current and future areas of eHI’s work;
- Develop relationships with key funders and educate them about eHI programs and capabilities, with intent to fund key programs;
- Develop communication pieces that highlight various eHI programs and materials; and
- Present and represent eHI at healthcare and policy conferences, meetings and events.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in thought leadership and development role, ideally in a rapidly evolving institution with a strong record of securing funding for programs
- Highly organized and ability to wear multiple hats in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Must have excellent contacts within grant, tech and healthcare communities, and knowledge of current landscape
- Professional writer able to communicate complex topics in concise manner
- Ability to balance various tasks and manage time between multiple projects effectively
- Strong diplomatic and facilitation skills with executives
- Ability to work in a small, innovative, non-profit, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment with numerous opportunities for growth.
- $85-100K Annual
- 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO) (after 2 years of employment, PTO increases to 20 days)
- 10 paid holidays
- Office closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Benefit Coverage currently through BCBS Carefirst (60% Paid by eHI)
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance through Guardian
- 401 (K) Retirement Plan- employer matching up to 4%
- Metro Smart Card each month
ABOUT EHEALTH INITIATIVE AND FOUNDATION
- eHealth Initiative and Foundation (eHI) is an independent, non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. Our mission is to serve as the industry leader convening executives and multi-stakeholder groups to identify best practices that transform healthcare through technology and innovation. eHI conducts research and leads education and advocacy efforts that address the needs of healthcare stakeholders, and in particular those of patients.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to WorkHere@ehidc.org